Managing your finances and your debt can be a stressful situation – if you don’t know how to do it. The key to successful debt management is education, and the fact that you’re reading this article is a sign that you’re looking to improve your financial situation. Resolving debt issues means you’ll need a definite goal, a plan to get there, and some serious commitment to change; it’s kind of like getting in shape at the gym but with finances. Sometimes it can be a huge help to have someone with expert knowledge help you to develop your plan to credit repair, which is where credit counseling can help. There are both for profit and not-for-profit organizations that can help you get your debt under control. Familylending.ca’s professional and knowledgeable staff would be happy to help you find a credit counselor and also offer bad credit mortgages and private lending solutions to help you meet your homeownership goals.
Essentially, a credit counselor (also known as a debt counselor) can help in the following way:
- When you meet with a credit counselor, they will examine your financial situation to determine what you owe, what you make, and where you could save.
- A credit counselor will discuss what options might be available to you based on your financial situation.
- A credit counselor will consolidate all of your debts into one monthly payment so that you only have one debt payment to focus on.
- A credit counselor will negotiate, on your behalf, with the companies to which you are indebted to get them to lower their interest rate and even drop some of the debt. Ultimately, companies want to recoup as much of their money as they can so they are often willing to do this.
- And, most importantly, a credit counselor will educate you on how to fix your credit, rebuild your credit, provide you with financial coaching and how to manage a budget so that you never find yourself in debt again.
Whether you’re trying to eliminate your debt to improve your credit, apply for a mortgage, or get rid of the stress associated with debt, Familylending.ca is here to help get you onto the path of financial freedom.